Join us for a great evening of fun and conservation!
May 16, 2014: Bowling for Rhinos at the Kearny Mesa Bowl on Clairemont Mesa Blvd.
Join AAZK San Diego at our annual rhino fundraiser where 100% of the profits raised go directly towards rhino conservation. Event includes bowling, silent auction, special drawings, awards for best dressed team, dance-off, live music, and more fun than any fundraiser should contain! Teams and individuals are welcome to join.
WHERE: Kearny Mesa Bowl in Clairemont
TIME: 5:15 pm check in; 6:00 – 9:00 pm bowling and activities
COST: $50 per 5 person team, $10 per person. Includes lane and shoes.
REQUIREMENT: Every bowler is required to raise a minimum of $40 in sponsorship due the evening of the event. All sponsorship monies will be donated to the BFR Fund.
Team captains will be responsible for collecting all sponsorship funds from their team members and bringing it to the check in table the evening of the event.
There will be a prize for the person who raises the most PLUS the top 4 AAZK members nationwide that raise the most in sponsorship for BFR are eligible for a chance to win a trip to Lewa Wildlife Conservancy near Isiolo, Kenya, or a trip to Indonesia. See below for details.
Not bowling? You can still enter the contest for the most sponsorship raised!
To register your team or as an individual, click below.
- You can make your own BFR fundraising page. Your friends from all over the world can donate to your cause! CLICK HERE TO LEARN HOW.
- Purchase your very own BFR t-shirt and show support for rhino conservation! Choose from 2 different designs! CLICK HERE TO LEARN HOW.
- There will be exciting rewards and incentives for the top BFR fundraisers!
- Great prizes for best dressed teams, dance-offs, drawings, and so much more!
making us one of the leading supporting chapters.
- You are a member in good standing with the American Association of Zoo Keepers (AAZK National and AAZK San Diego), and
- You are willing to contribute an article regarding the trip to the Animal Keepers’ Forum and AAZK San Diego’s “The Keeper” newsletter, within one (1) year of travel;
The AAZK San Diego chapter shall disclose a BFR fundraising strategy that may potentially benefit a member by utilizing funds raised by the facility, group or Chapter and co-mingled, combined, earmarked or similar, in the name of one individual.
BFR event funds raised and winner eligibility will be one in the same.
The individual representative of the Chapter:
- · Shall be identified by the facility in writing as the recipient of designated or co-mingled facility-donated funds;
- · Shall be identified by documented vote by the AAZK Chapter as the recipient of designated funds raised by the Chapter, Chapter members, or other co-mingled funds.
Trip winners who receive the benefit of combined, co-mingled, earmarked or designated funds shall be exempt from AAZK Administrative Directive 4.01-1 – Personal Gain, due to the continuing commitment to an AAZK-approved conservation program, with documented approval from facility or Chapter, and in meeting the above requirements.